This year, Big Brother in Australia has embraced the concept of “mobile marketing”. The range of mobile phone options including ring tones, web access, wallpaper images, games, moblogging, live video feed, texting the Uplate TV show, voting, entering competitions, entering mobile phone auctions and receiving text updates…
And I’m sure there’s more…
One thing that the Big Brother phenomenon has picked up on is the need for it’s viewers to connect with their new BB “friends”, it’s almost like owning a tamagotchi, or a portable sims character. The daily doses, the web access, the 7pm, 7.30pm, 11.30pm television shows are not enough, we need to be able to know whats going on in the ever-changing world that BB has created.
Another thing is that it’s difficult to tell where the Big Brother advertising stops and the 3 Mobile network advertising starts, can one tell the difference, if so, how?
Anyhow, here’s a list of themes I’ll address in regards to Big Brother, Mobile Marketing and Mobile Theology…
- Text Blessings
- Mobile Phones and Spirituality
- Mobile Theology – Where R U? by Rev Dr Christine Gapes
- Mobile Theology… Liturgy for Closing Service of Youth Ministry Conference
- Waterholes, Bores and Mobile Towers
- U2 – Vertigo
- The iPhone as a self-imposed burning bush
- TechnoChurch – Interview
- TechnoChurch – The article that sparked the interview
- TechnoChurch – The article after the interview
There will be some crossovers for sure, and it’s possible that I’ll change a few of these as I continue to think about my posts, but for now this will be a good start.
Article by: Darren Wright
Date: 25th June 2005